Below you will find the 2 courses offered within the Accelerated track program.
Click on the Register button to register for specific courses.
401 - Accelerated Course (2 CEU’s)
The Accelerated Course is only for those participants who have been initiating, implementing and assessing Social-Emotional and Character Development (SECD) programs successfully in their school, counseling groups of after-school programs successfully for 5+ years and can document this experience. This course combines SEL 101 and 102 into one course. Like the other courses, this course is organized into ten weeks of activities (8 units). $435.00 Register
402 Accelerated Practicum Course (2 CEU’s)
Having completed the Accelerated combined Foundations, Pedagogy and Practice (SEL 401) course for a Social-Emotional and Character Development Credential, participants will be given the opportunity to apply their skills in a guided way to an extended case example, allowing a demonstration of mastery of the application of skills to an acual workshop presentation to staff. Participants will also learn how to use the virtual Professional Learning Community as a resource for implementation, as well as how to be a resource to others within the vPLC, particularly those newer to SECD. The Accelerated Practicum also provides a format for assembling and submitting a portfolio of representative accomplishment during participants’ years of initiating, implementing and assessing Social-Emotional and Character Development within your classroom, skill and character building groups, and/or after-school programs. $450.00 Register
Logistics and Costs of the Accelerated Program
SEL 401 is organized around eight topics, to be completed sequentially. The course has been constructed to take a minimum of 10 hours to complete yielding 2 professional development credit or continuing education unit (CEU).
The Practicum (SEL 402) extends for 10 weeks, to allow for a meaningful Social-Emotional and Character Development (SECD) related implementation case example based on one’s setting, as well as the compilation of the portfolio of SECD accomplishments as well as the development and implementation of a 1-2 day SECD Professional Developmment to staff. Upon the completion of the SEL 401 and 402 courses and the submission of the portfolio of accomplishment, participants will have earned 2 CEU’s and will receive a certificate from the sponsors, Rutgers University and the College of Saint Elizabeth.
To be accepted into the Accelerated Program:
- Currently holds or is enrolled in a College/University OR Associates Degree or higher (60 credits or more).
- Currently employed as someone who provides direct instruction to students.
- Has successfully initiated, implemented and delivered intentional Social-Emotional and character development programming in your classroom, counseling sessions or after-school program to students successfully for 5+ years and can document this experience.
- Submit a letter on letterhead from a school principal, director or supervisor acknowledging your 5+ years of SECD experience and that you are applying to this Accelerated Program
The criteria to enroll in the Practicum Course (SEL 402) are as follows:
- Above criteria have already been met.
- Successful completion of the Accelerated Course (SEL 401, to be corroborated with the course instructor).