Fall 2017 changes
- Category: Requirements: Major, Honors Major, Minor
Beginning Fall 2017 the following changes will be implemented to the Psychology major:
1. The current requirement that students take a college level math course (640:103 or above) will be eliminated. In its place students will be asked to take a 6th elective (18 credits of psych electives). The net effect is no change in the number of credits for the major.
2. The number of psychology non-classroom course credits that can be used for the major will be increased from 3 to 6. Non-classroom courses are research in psychology (391/392, 495/496), fieldwork courses (380/381, 382/383, 388/389), and internship (398, 493/494).
3. Quantitative Methods (830:200) will have a prereq of elementary algebra (640:025).
4. The Psychology major may be declared after completion of the statistics (quantitative methods) requirement. Students will no longer have to complete the lab before declaring the major.
(Please note, none of these changes will affect the Psychology minor. It remains the same as it is currently.)
To whom do these changes apply?
2. If you declare the major after 8/31/2017, then you must follow the new major with one exception. You can follow the old major if you are not declared by 8/31/2017 but are graduating at the end of the Fall 2017 semester with a January degree.