Honors Major Requirements
- Category: Requirements: Major, Honors Major, Minor
Students who maintain an excellent academic record may wish to pursue the Honors Major in Psychology. This option is an enhancement of the standard major and requires, in addition to the minimum requirements of the standard major, the following:
1. A cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.4 in all psychology (830 subject index) courses including 6 credits of Honors Research in Psychology.
2. An overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
3. A minimum of 40 credits in psychology (830 subject index). Students in the honors major are strongly encouraged to get involved in research during their junior year.
4. At least nine of the 3- or 4-credit courses counting toward the Honors Major must be taken at Rutgers New Brunswick (01:830).
5. Satisfactory completion of a special 3-credit, writing-intensive seminar (01:830:490: Honors Research Design, Analysis and Presentation), which is a fall semester course normally taken in the senior year. Students will be automatically registered for this course after the submission of the Honors Proposal (see below).
6. Successful completion of Honors Research in Psychology (01:830:497- 498) taken during each of the final two semesters and full participation in the departmental honors program.
- Next >>